I wanted to get some important (but boring) stuff out of the way on today’s post. Hence “Housekeeping” . . .
I’d like you to know what I am offering you with this blog.
1. Two posts a week on Tuesdays and Fridays.
2. I would like to start doing a video blog once a month, as of January. If I get comfortable with video I may increase the frequency per month.
3. I will interview someone related to my journey once a month and share their story. A short question and answer post that captures the essence of the person being interviewed.
4. I would like to share my published articles with you. As I have new articles I will post them here. If any of my archived articles are relevant I may share those too.
5. The opportunity to link with all of my other on-line stuff. I am working on my website (www.karennicolesmith.com). I’ve created a simple Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/knswriter). I have opened a Twitter account (https://twitter.com/KNSWriter). And I will also get onto YouTube (just give me a sec). Your “likes”, “follows” and “adds” will be greatly appreciated.
6. I will share records of my progress. My dialysis log, fitness program and log (including photos – no matter how terrifying that idea feels!)
7. I will answer all questions related to my journey. Ask away.
Please let me know if there is anything else you’d like.
Here is what I will ask, in exchange, from you . . .
Simple guidelines. (Those of you with compassion, common sense and respect will understand these points as no-brainers.)
1. I will enforce a zero tolerance policy for abusive comments.
2. Anonymous comments are discouraged.
3. If you’re behaving badly I will call you out on it.
4. Don’t say anything on-line that you wouldn’t say in person.
Thanks for cooperation with this. I do appreciate it.
That being said, let’s move on . . .
My post for this Friday will be about DIALYSIS. What it is. What types there are. What type of dialysis I do. What the typical schedule is. What my schedule is. Etcetera. I’ll include some photos too; some of me and others from the internet to help explain.